If there was ever a famous brand of headphones for fans of bass-heavy music, it’s Beats by Dre. The brand has become synonymous with hip hop and music listening on Apple devices. The Beats Flex line is particularly popular due to its wireless abilities.
When you own earphones you rely on for your workout or commute, you want to make sure their battery level will remain good. Did you know that you can check your Beats’ battery level on your iPhone? Here’s the scoop.
Table of Contents
How To Check Your Beats Flex’s Battery On Your iPhone
The good thing about this project is that you only need your iPhone, your Beats Flex earphones, your Beats charger, and a Bluetooth connection.
This makes it one of the easiest things to do as far as your Beats go, and the entire Beats wireless headphones line is meant to be easy.
There are several different ways to measure your Beats battery level on your iPhone. We’ll go through each one.
Method 1: Via battery case/charger
This is a favorite for people who use their case a ton. For the sake of common use, we’re going to include instructions for the Flex as well as less wire-y models like Beats Studio Buds.
- Place your earphones in their Beats pill case (if it’s not Flex) or plug them in. Make sure they’re charging. If you are using a cable to charge your earphones, then you can just plug it in.
- Grab your iPhone and open the charging case with your phone close by. The lights on the case can indicate your battery level, but it’ll also show up on your iPhone’s Battery screen. With the flex, you just need to plug in your headphones to make the lights flicker on.
PRO TIP – Check the LED indicator light on your headphones. Red lights indicate that your battery life is almost up. White lights indicate your Beats headphones have over an hour of life. Green lights mean you have up to an hour of life.
Method 2: Using the Battery widget
If you are a fan of using your iPhone or iPad to check your wireless earbuds or headphones, you’re in luck. Apple makes it easy for you to check the status of all Beats items, including Flex and the Powerbeats Pro. Here’s how:
- Swipe right on your Home Screen on your iPhone. This will bring you to your Today screen.
- Tap and hold any widget on the Today screen. This will make the icons on your screen jiggle. You’ll see a “+” icon appear. That’s the Add icon.
- Tap the Add icon, and add the Batteries widget. The phone will add the Batteries widget to your screen.
- Open the Batteries widget and see the percentage ascribed to your Beats. This will tell you how much available battery you have left.
Additional tips and tricks
There are always going to be important things to remember when you are using wireless earbuds. This includes the ones in the Beats by Dre line. To make things easier, we’re going to separate them out by category.
Features of the Beats Flex
The best thing you can do with any type of technology is to know a little bit about it before you start using it. Here’s the scoop on Beats Flex charging:
- Your Beats Flex requires a USB-C port to charge. This is also known as a Type-C cable.You cannot use the typical Beats Pill case to charge these headphones.
- It takes approximately 90 minutes for Beats Flex to charge from dead to full battery status.
- Don’t panic if you see your Beats Flex blinking red while they charge. They’re supposed to do that, and it’s actually a sign that things are going well.
- When charged to capacity, your Beats Flex should offer up to 12 hours of music playback.
- While Beats headphones are designed to be optimized for Apple products through seamless switching capabilities, you can still use them with Android phones.
- If you use your Beats Flex with an Android phone, you can check your battery level through the Beats app on the Google Play Store. This app is specifically designed to measure your battery life.
Charging your Beats Flex
Need to know how much time you should charge your Beats? We got you covered.
- Charging your Beats Flex through Fast Fuel will give you 1.5 hours of playback with only a 10-minute charge. This statistic can come in very useful if you are a commuter with a long train ride on the way home.
- To avoid tangling your Flex neckband, snap the magnetic earbuds together while you charge them. This also will pause your music so that you don’t miss out on that favorite track during your charging session.
- If your laptop doesn’t have a USB-C port, you will need to carry a USB-C power adapter in order to keep your Flex headphones properly charged.
- People who need to charge Flex headphones at work should consider getting a USB-A to USB-C adapter so that you can get them charged at any laptop.
- You do not have to use the official Beats Flex power cable if you don’t want to, since a cable and power adapter package will do the job just as well. It may just take a little bit slower.
Keep your Beats Flex safe
Worried about charging problems or parts failure? You’re not alone. While Apple Beats are pretty sturdy, there are always going to be instances where your headphones will not live up to expectations. In other words, bad Beats can always happen to good people.
These tips below can help prevent a full loss from bad charging or similar:
- Register your Apple Beats warranty as soon as you can. Flex Beats come with a 1-year limited warranty on parts, which can be a major lifesaver if you end up with faulty headphones.
- Don’t flick, purposefully twist, or twirl your neckband, as this can damage the wiring inside of them.
- Avoid charging your Beats in excessively warm areas. If at all possible, try to keep your charging areas below 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Like all electronics, overheating is more likely if you are using them in hot areas.
- Read your manual to find out other important tips on using your Beats safely. It can help you keep your warranty intact.
- It’s worth pointing out that Beats Flex are the most affordable and budget-friendly of the Beats family. If you want to get even higher sound quality and premium features, then you will have to spend more. This means that they may not last as long as other models.
Is Beats Flex right for you?
It’s important to remember that Beats by Dre offers a lot of different headphones for a lot of different lifestyles. The Beats Flex line is unique because it offers a lightweight neckband that’s ideal for people who tend to lose their earbuds on the subway.
No matter what type of Beats you choose, you can expect to enjoy the great sound quality. After all, that is the specific reason why Dr. Dre made this line of headphones. He was fed up with low sound quality. It’s popular because it’s a decent line.
However, there are people who feel like Flex is not right for them. If you tend to get tangled up in items you own or just prefer to have more movement in your sound-carrying devices, then you probably won’t want to wear that neckband.
On a similar note, if you prefer to use earbuds or enjoy charging your headphones through the use of a pill case, then you might want to choose another option. It’s not just about the cord. It’s about the whole experience.
If you have a pair of Beats Flex headphones, then you’re in for a treat. These headphones offer a wireless experience that is filled with convenience, great sound quality, and streamlined music sharing (if you want to share a song with a friend, that is.)
The good news about using Beats Flex is that you can charge them fairly easily with the use of a USB-C cable. They also last a long time between charges, making them an ideal pick for people who want to have music on a commute home.
With that said, the easiest way to figure out your battery light is to look at the LED light indicator. It’ll give you a rough estimate of how long you have left.