The FVP battery has become very famous recently due to its high capacity and long life cycle reliability. This battery is mainly used in electric vehicles such as cars, trucks, buses, etc.
But who makes the FVP Battery? How can you be sure it will live up to its reputation if you decide to purchase one?
In this article, I will provide some interesting information about FVP battery manufacturers and the pros and cons of FVP batteries.
What Kind of Battery is an FVP?
FVP battery is a well-known and respected brand in the automotive battery industry despite only being in business for a few years. The company was founded in 2005 to provide OE quality products at a reasonable rate for automobiles, trucks and heavy-duty vehicles, RVs, boats, and special machines.
“FVP” stands for “Factory Verified and Proven batteries.” And the brand has lived up to its name by producing some of the highest-grade batteries on the market, particularly its wide range of high-performance automotive batteries for various car makes and models.
These batteries are fairly long-lasting and come with a nationwide replacement warranty. As proof, the NHRA, the United States sanctioning body for sports and drag racing, named the FVP battery the “Preferred Battery of NHRA” in 2019.
Other fvp products available at FVP Plant include; condensers, radiators, motor oil, hub assemblies, cabin air filters, oil filters, transmission filters, fuel filters, boat and RV wash, antifreeze, Brake Pads, Brake Cleaners, DEF, chemicals, and so on.
Who Makes FVP Batteries?
There is no single manufacturer of FVP batteries. Most FVP automobile batteries on the market are manufactured by ATLASBX America Corporation and Exide Industries.
1. ATLASBX Corporation
ATLASBX Corporation is a South Korean multinational corporation and a subsidiary of Hankook & Company and. In 2017, the company opened its U.S headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. And in 2020, it opened another manufacturing plant in Clarksville, Tennessee, to serve its US-based market.
The Corporation has been a leading manufacturer of high-quality battery products for over 75 years, and its batteries are distributed in over 100 countries.
2. Exide Industries
Exide Industries is a multinational battery company based in India and has grown to become the country’s largest battery manufacturer. The company has manufacturing facilities in India, Sri Lanka, Spain, and Portugal and recycling facilities in the United States.
They are known to produce batteries of all types, including automotive, industrial, and inverter batteries. However, the company only accounts for a small portion of the FVP batteries on the market. These are low-cost but effective FVP batteries.
The company has been a leader in packaged power technology and battery production for over 60 years and has a large geographic footprint with battery distribution in over 50 countries. They also have a strong relationship with their customers and continue to enjoy their loyalty.
Exide batteries have received numerous awards and certifications from some of the world’s biggest energy supply organizations.
How Do FVP Batteries Compare to Other Brands?
FVP batteries offer a wide range of products, from car batteries to deep cycle batteries. These batteries are made of high-quality materials and have outstanding features which make them compatible with most vehicle and machine models.
So, if you’re looking for a long-lasting and low-maintenance battery, I recommend that you go with the FVP battery brand.
However, there is no product without flaws. So, for your consideration, I’ll list the pros and cons of the FVP battery.
- FVP batteries have tough cases that protect them from spills.
- They are made with exceptional technology that allows them to work in a variety of climatic conditions. The high energy density paste in them prevents plate degradation and material shredding.
- The batteries come with a three-year warranty from the manufacturer. However, it should be noted that the warranty only covers replacement if the defect is caused by the manufacturer’s flaws in material or workmanship while the Battery is under regular use.
- The FVP brand is widely available in many auto parts stores around the world.
- FVP batteries deliver maximum power and are compatible with a wide range of vehicle and machine models.
- FVP batteries are reasonably priced. Depending on the type, their prices range from $50 to $200.
- FVP batteries can last up to 7-10 years, depending on how well you maintain them and the frequency of use.
- When compared to other brands, FVP batteries may appear to be a little pricey, but a closer look at some of the features it provides will reveal that it is well worth the price.
- FVP batteries are heavy and difficult to transport from one location to another, particularly during changeover or maintenance.
What Are the Best Types of FVP Batteries?
There are different types of FVP batteries on the market. These batteries are designed to meet the specifications and models of various vehicles and machines. Therefore, you should only look for an FVP battery model that is compatible with your vehicle or machine.
Here are some of the most popular FVP batteries on the market for various vehicle models.
Automotive Platinum: These FVP batteries are made specifically for use in automobiles and light trucks. They provide maximum cranking power to start the vehicle and run the electronic accessories when it is turned off.
Automotive Platinum AGM: FVP’s AGM batteries were originally designed for high-activity vehicles but are now used in light trucks. They are an excellent choice for vehicles that have an Idling Stop-Start system or power-hungry accessories that place additional strain on the battery and charging system.
Automotive VoltEdge: These FVP batteries are intended for use in automobiles, trucks, and SUVs. They easily meet OE fitment specifications and are weather-resistant. As a result, they are an excellent choice if you drive in areas with drastic weather changes.
Heavy Duty VoltEdge: These batteries are designed for use in commercial and heavy-duty vehicles. They are engineered to withstand tough working conditions such as high vibration and frequent cycling.
Other models of FVP Batteries include; Golf Cart VoltEdge, Lawn & Garden VoltEdge, Marine batteries, RV VoltEdge, Power Sport AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) Platinum, Power Sport AGM VoltEdge, and SLA VoltEdge.
Where Can You Buy FVP Batteries?
FVP batteries are sold in major battery and auto parts stores around the world, but marine FVP batteries are only sold in some marine stores.
The FVP Battery brand also makes concerted efforts to have its products distributed globally, and as a result, FVP batteries and other accessories are distributed through their retailers. A list of retailers can be found on FVP’s official website.
They are also now available in online stores such as eBay.
FVP Batteries Maintenance Tips
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your FVP batteries:
- Avoid Overloading Your FVP Battery: Overloading your FVP batteries can cause them to overheat and damage the cells inside. To prevent overheating, you should never leave your vehicle unattended while plugged into the charger.
- Cycle Your battery: If you have a deep cycle battery, you’ll need to charge and discharge it several times before it reaches full capacity. This is called “cycling” the battery. Cycling helps the battery reach its full potential and ensures that it will be able to hold a charge for a long time.
- Store Your FVP Battery Correctly: Avoid storing your battery in extreme temperatures, as this can shorten its lifespan. Store in a cool, dry place. Also, avoid exposing your battery to dirt and water to avoid corrosion.
- Check The Vent Caps Regularly: Vent caps help keep your battery charged and prevent dangerous chemicals from leaking out. Ensure that your vent caps are installed and tight before operating your vehicle or charging your FVP battery.
- Be Wary of Inactivity: If lead-acid FVP batteries are not used for a long period of time, they will become sulfated, which is difficult to reverse and can shorten your battery’s lifespan. Sulfation occurs when there are excess lead sulfate crystals on your battery’s lead plates. This usually occurs when a battery is stored for too long without being charged.
- Choose a matching charger for your FVP Battery: The ideal battery charger will fully charge your batteries in eight hours or less. This will help to prolong the life of your batteries and keep them working at their best. When choosing a charger, be sure to match it to the type of FVP batteries you are using.
Finding the best battery for your automobile can be difficult, but FVP batteries provide some of the best qualities needed to power all vehicle models.
- Manufactured by credible companies like ATLASBX Corporation and Exide Industries.
- Reliable, durable and easy to maintain
- Designed to meet the specifications and models of various vehicles and machines.
- Easily found in auto parts stores, FVP retailers, and online stores, and come with a three-year warranty from the manufacturer.
If you have any doubts about the credibility of the battery’s manufacturers, I hope this article has helped to set your mind at ease. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.