Has your Stiiizy pod/battery died out – before you were able to smoke all the juice inside it?
Well, you don’t need to throw your pen just yet. You can still get a hit with all the remaining residue inside it. In fact, all you just need to do is follow my tips below on how to hit a Stiiizy pod without a battery.
- Battery-less Stiiizy pod vapes
- Micro USB cable
- Nail clippers
- Laptop or battery pack
Vaping a Stiiizy Pod Without a Battery
Maybe your disposable pen has died. On the other hand, perhaps your rechargeable battery has been damaged or it has reached the end of its serviceable life.
No matter what your circumstance is, I understand how frustrating it is to not be able to get a hit of your Stiiizy vapes.
Outside the option of buying a new USB charger for the standard and Biiig models, there is a way for you (and I) to savor the remaining vapor flavors inside. But before we get to that, let’s first discuss the wide array of Stiiizy batteries in the market. They are:
- The Official Stiiizy Battery
This 210 mAh rechargeable battery comes with a voltage of 3.2+\-0.1V. The kit also comes with a USB charging cable and a charging port.
The official Stiiizy battery can be used to power 0.5 and 1-gram pods.
- The Official Stiiizy Biiig Battery
As its name suggests, Biiig promises a longer battery life, thanks to its 550 mAh capacity and 3.4+\-0.1 Voltage. As such, you can use it to get ‘bigger hits’ off Stiiizy’s 0.5 and 1-gram pods.
- The Liiil Stiiizy
The Liiil Stiiizy product is a portable and disposable vape cart that you can easily bring wherever you go. It delivers great taste – and big clouds, of course.
It’s available in a variety of THC kinds/flavors, such as:
- Indica – White Raspberry (I), Watermelon Z (I), King Louis XIII (I), SFV OG (I), Skywalker OG (I), Biscotti (I), Hardcore OG (I), OG Kush (I), Purple Punch (I)
- Sativa – Strawberry Cough (S), Orange Sunset (S), Premium Jack (S), Blue Dream (S), Sour Tangie (S), Sour Diesel (S)
- Hybrid – Apple Fritter (H), Gelato (H), Pineapple Express (H), Granddaddy Purp (H), Do-Si-Dos (H), Strawnana (H), Birthday Cake (H), Blue Burst (H)
- CBD – Mango (1:1 THC/CBD), Juicy Melon (1:1 THC/CBD)
While the Liiil Stiiizy is unbelievably compact, it has a problem that most disposable vape pens have: the battery dying out easily. In fact, many users report their vape pens dying after just two days of use!
This, of course, would mean that their devices would still have lots of the 0.5 gram-CBD oil remaining. What a bummer!
Okay, now that I’ve discussed the three types of Stiiizy products, we can now proceed to the most-awaited portion. Here’s what you need to do to get a hit – even if your Stiiizy has run out of battery.
1. Strip the Android Charger Cable
Nick the portion of the cable leading to the micro USB outlet. Make sure not to cut too high or near this part. A few inches below the port would do.
Remove or retract the cord covering and cut the end of the wire diagonally/at an angle. This should expose the red and black wires (and other colored wires too) inside the stripped cable.
Split them until you get an inch (or more) of the exposed wires. Cut the other wires – whatever color they are – and just leave the red and black wires behind.
See, these are the two crucial ones for this project.
After all, the red color represents the positive wire that supplies 5 volts of DC energy. The black one, on the other hand, is called the ground wire.
The green wire, meanwhile, conveys the ‘negative’ data wire. As for the white cable, it works to transmit positive data.
Now that you have differentiated the wires, make sure to use a nail cutter to bite into the end of the red wire. Apply just enough pressure so that you only remove the red covering. Be careful not to sever the copper wires inside!
Do the same nail cutter stripping procedure for the black wire.
If you do end up cutting all the wires inside, don’t panic! You’ve got a long charger cable – you could always try again!
Pro tip: You can also use an iPhone cable, but it does have more wires compared to an Android charger. If you want everything to be easier, I recommend using the latter instead.
2. Connect the Red and Black Wire to the Stiiizy Pod
Connect the red wire to one of the two metal pods underneath your Stiiizy cartridge. Affix the black wire to the other metal circle.
Pro tip: If your Android charger cable doesn’t have a black wire, you can use the gray wire instead.
3. Connect Your Cable to a Power Source
Plug your stripped cable into a power source.
Pro tip: Use a laptop or a battery pack instead of a wall charger. The cable will overheat if you connect it to the latter.
4. Smoke the Stiiizy Pod
Wrap your kisser around the mouthpiece and start inhaling the remaining cannabis concentrate inside. You should be able to get a hit from your device even if there’s no battery!
Are Stiiizy Batteries Any Good?
More than just offering a great battery life, both the official and Stiiizy batteries can help prevent burns and leakage. These are made possible by their top-notch ceramic coils and easy-to-use magnetic base.
They also offer automatic draw detection, so all you need to do is insert the pod to activate the said system. Thanks to its LED light, you will know when:
- The product is activated after your draw (white light)
- The pod is inserted properly (white light blinking twice)
- Maximum battery use has been reached (white light blinking after a draw)
- Bad pod connection (red light blinking twice)
- The battery needs recharging (red light – will turn to white once fully charged)
And, while you can still purchase the OG black matte finish, you can now choose from a wide array of colorways. For the standard batteries, you have the following options:
- Pearl white
- Rose Gold
- Neon Blue
- Neon Green
- Neon Pink
- Neon Yellow
- Neon Orange
The Biiig batteries, on the other hand, have a limited (yet just as impressive) choice of colors. They are:
- Rose Gold
Find your new batteries defective? Worry not, for Stiiizy products come with a 30-day warranty. As long as you have the original receipt, you could return the item to the store (physical or online) where you bought it.
How Should You Care For Stiiizy Batteries?
If you want your Stiiizy batteries to last longer – so you won’t have to resort to using your pods with a stripped USB cable – then you should follow the tips below:
- Switch your battery off after use to prevent overheating.
- Clean the spills and spots off the battery.
- Don’t use the battery when it is charging. Just wait for a mere 30-45 minutes and you’ll get a fully-charged battery that is ready to use.
- Only leave the pod inside the batteries if you are going to use it. If you continue doing this, you’ll find it harder to pull the pod from the base in due time. Worse, this habit may end up causing pod leakage as well.
Should this happen, you can clean this leak with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol.
- Don’t store the pods upside-down.
- Store your batteries in a dry space – away from sunlight or extreme cold.
Remember: following these tips will help your batteries last for 3 years (or more!)
What Should You Do if the Liiil Battery Dies Before All the OIl is Finished?
As I’ve mentioned above, this is a prevalent problem among Liiil users. So if this has happened to you, the Stiiizy official website recommends pulling the pod slowly. This should help clean up the device’s airway.
For best results, make sure to store your Liiil pen in a place that is free of humidity and extreme temperatures (too cold/too hot.)
If you want to use a Stiiizy pod without a battery, all you need to do is:
- Strip an Android charger cable to expose its red and black wires.
- Connect the said wires to the two metal circles underneath the pod.
- Connect the charger cable to a power source.
- Smoke the Stiiizy pod as you would if it had a battery.
As you see, it’s doable (and easy) to take a hit of your Stiiizy pen – even if it doesn’t have a battery. But if you still have questions about how to do this, don’t be shy! Feel free to post a comment below and I’ll be more than glad to answer it.